I AM SERENE L

All about the Party Season

I am really excited to talk about PARTIES here on I Am Serene L today, as December is the month of the parties here in London, and around the world with my friends celebrating more birthdays than any other month, Christmas parties at work & with friends and the New Years parties coming up!

I wanted to share with you all my outfit and accessories that I recently wore to my friends 25th Birthday that had a Bond Girl & Bond Guy theme! We were asked to dress up in Long evening dresses & I jumping for joy trying on fabulous dresses and accessories for this theme!

I’ve always admired the evening gown selection at TK Maxx! They have a little section amongst the Label lounge areas that receives some of the most prettiest ball gowns / evening dresses I’ve seen! Ranging from sparkly numbers, to sophisticated black & red dresses to very intricately embellished numbers! You also get the added bonus of everything having a good price tag as TK Maxx offers discounted prices on their products!

So immediately a nude with mesh insert dress that featured silver metallic studs, and a longline black skirt caught my attention and I just fell in love! The cut on the shoulder and the little mesh inserts on the dress were just perfect for my body, it created some elongation in my shoulder region & the little mesh inserts revealed sections of my body without it looking trashy!

I kept in the theme of Nude/ Beige and decided to team my look with a Nude patent clutch bag from Monsoon / Accessorize & a pair of matte / light gold pair of pumps from New Look! I will tell you I haven’t loved a pair of heels (in terms of comfortability) as much as I loved these for a while! Even though towards the end of the night (from all the dancing) my feet just were in sooooo much pain! ahh the struggles of wearing heels!

DSC_1406DSC_1414DSC_1422

The actual Birthday party was spectacular as well, the party was hosted at the Corinthia Hotel, in London! In a perfect location being a 6 minute walk away from Trafalgar square. The ballroom was decorated with purple lighting and beautifully decorated tables that featured red roses & name placement cards and boxes of chocolates!

We were treated to a lovely 3 course dinner & then a juggler show & there was even a photo booth, then of course some well needed dancing on the fairy light lighten dance floor!

IMG_5753IMG_5510IMG_5506IMG_5539IMG_5566IMG_5546IMG_5568IMG_5584IMG_5504

| What I’m wearing |

TX Maxx – Nude/ Black with Mesh Insert Dress

New LookWide Fit Gold Glitter Court Heels – |HERE| £22.99

Monsoon / AccessorizeNude Clutch Bag with gold detailing – £17.00

*Some mixed media included using my DSLR & My Iphone 5c.

————————

I hope you’ve enjoyed my All about the the Party Season blogpost!!!

Do you have any parties coming up this December??? What stores / brands do you recommend I Check out for some party dress inspiration???

Please do keep updated with the latest news & Updates via my Social Media Channels

instagram-icon Instagram

twitter-icon Twitter

Screen shot 2015-02-12 at 21.13.39Bloglovin

google-plus-icon Google+

screen-shot-2015-01-03-at-18-57-22Depop

Lots of Love

I am Serene L

xoxo

This entry was published on December 14, 2015 at 9:34 pm. It’s filed under BEAUTY, FASHION, Uncategorized and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink. Follow any comments here with the RSS feed for this post.

60 thoughts on “All about the Party Season

1. ofbeautyand on said:

Your outfit and heels are just gorgeous! x

Heather | Of Beauty & Nothingness

2. thebeautifiedblogger on said:

Gorgeous! There is nothing like the holiday party season! You rocked this look! Absolutely love your dress!!!! ❤

3. Gorgeous! I’m wearing White House Black Market and Banana Republic pieces to my holiday parties this year. 🙂

4. You are a doll, you look amazing! I love your dress & accessories x

5. Everything about your ensemble was perfection! I am in love with those heels. I need a pair. I wonder if I could wear them to the office??? Beautiful as usual love 💋

• Awww thanks so much Liz, 💕💕💕 oh yasss you’d definitely rock those heels at the office they’re one of those shoes you could pull off for a party & work cause they’re a court shoe! 😀 business and fun hey! Haha 😘💋 xoxox

• I love how you totally support the downfall of my bank account 😂😂😂💰💰💰

• Loooooooool! That’s what bloggers do to each other 😦 you fortunately provide me with recipes to keep me drooling over food the entire day & I provide you with the multi tasking clothes LOL 😘😛😆😂💕💳💰💸💵💷💶💴 xoxo

6. Sounds like a great time (the juggler show must be fun!) and you look amazing Serene! The beaded details on your outfit is stunning! 🙂 xo~ Lena

• Ahhh the Juggler show was fun! I’ve posted a mini video on my Instagram of the show! Thank you lovely, how intricate are the beads, they capture the light really well! Thank you Lena ❤ 🙂 xoxo

7. Pretty cool stuff, dear! Gonna check them out! You look stunning, Serene! xoxo

8. You look so pretty in this party dear
    Lovin the outfit and shoes.

The Bandwagon Chic | Instagram | Bloglovin | Snapchat: bandwagonchic

9. You looks so elegant and beautiful, Serene. Gorgeous pics. Thx for sharing.
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

10. This is so very beautiful. I love all of your glamorous accessories and your top is also so beautiful. 🙂

11. mintnoti on said:

Your dress is so pretty, looks like a fun event!

12. The clutch from Accessorize is super pretty and I nearly bought it for my Afternoon at Ascot. Great choice and I love your dress. You look beautiful as always my gorgeous friend.

Caz | Style Lingua

13. Kelsey&Kenecha on said:

What a beautiful place! Also you look amazing!! I really like the glitter 🙂

Florals&Smiles

14. I love the lovely details on this dress. You look absolutely stunning and oh so elegant!! 🙂

15. You look gorgeous and classy, Serene. I love your dress. 🙂

16. You look sizzling hot in that dress Serene and what a fancy party your friend had! It looks like so much fun! The embellished details on your dress are stunning and your close up photo of the beading makes me wanna head straight out and go dress shopping!

Hope you are well lovely
    Rachel xx

17. plus+beauty27 on said:

You look so beautiful Serene! Thanks for sharing your wonderful pictures! 🙂 xo

18. Dreamy shoes and stunning dress! You look so glamorous Serene!!
    ♥♥♥
    Jeanne

19. That dress is stunning. I’m a sucker for anything covered in beads or sequins

Jenn | Jennifer Jayne

20. Oh wow girl, you look STUNNING! Your makeup is flawless and that dress is just to die for. ❤ Thank you for much for sharing! x

Kay

21. chocandlipstick on said:

OH wow, what a gorgeous event, and you looked absolutely stunning!

Angie | Chocolate & Lipstick | Beauty, Fashion & Lifestyle Blog

22. Ohhh, the lighting in that room is amazing! I love love love those shoes.

Corinne x

23. What an amazing party theme! That dress is absolutely gorgeous. I definitely need to shop in tkmaxx more often

24. OMGosh! You look absolutely stunning, Serene! That dress is just gorgeous and it fits you perfectly! The shoes are also pretty amazing! Hope you are doing great, lovely! I miss you! xx

Ale | http://alemint.blogspot.com.co/