I AM IN LOVE WITH A NEW LEATHER GOOD BRAND I’VE DISCOVERED ELLA- VALENTINE.
ELLA – VALENTINE IS A SMALL, INDEPENDENT & UPCOMING BRITISH – LONDON DESIGNED BRAND THAT GETS BROUGHT TO LIFE IN FLORENCE – ITALY!
ELLA – VALENTINE DESIGNER – ANOUK de JONGE
ABOVE FEATURES THE VIBRANT MADISON BAG IN –
CROC PRINT EMERALD
THE MADISON BAG IS A KEY STYLE THIS SPRING/SUMMER SEASON & THE COLOUR VIBRANCY & BOLDNESS IS SURE TO DRAW ATTENTION ANYWHERE!
SMALL MADISON – BRONZE
SMALL AMELIE – PATENT CROC PRINT
HOWEVER IF YOU DO PREFER MORE SUBTLE COLOUR PALETTES THE SPRING/SUMMER 2014 COLLECTION ALSO OFFERS A BEAUTIFUL SELECTION OF LEATHERS AS FEATURED ABOVE!
I RECENTLY HAD AN INTERVIEW WITH ELLA – VALENTINE‘S FOUNDER & DESIGNER – DUTCH BORN ANOUK de JONGE.
1) What inspired you to begin a Leather goods Brand?
I worked for many years as a senior art-director in advertising & design, for premium beauty brands (Lancôme mainly). Having grown up in a very entrepreneurial family, I always wanted to set up my own business. I think it is part of my genes..! That, combined with an intregal love for fashion, craftmenship and leather, it seemed to make perfect sense. I also thought that there were not too many labels that sold unique, designer products which were still affordable and not a high-street product (often made in China, Thailand or India). Ella-Valentine handbags are all handmade in Florence, Italy.
2) What was the inspiration behind the Name Ella- Valentine ?
It is my daughter’s name.
3)Who is the the Ella – Valentine customer?
It really seems to have a rather wide audience. However, if needed to narrow it down: Early twenties – early fifties, working cosmopolitan, modern women who are into fashion and like standing out from the crowd.
4) What has inspired your New Arrivals Collection? & which is your most popular piece? The Ella- Valentine Spring 2014 collection offers a burst of striking, vibrant and rich colours, and compliment the darker, classic styles, which are available throughout the year. The handbags have a chic, cosmopolitan vibe & are created to be playful, visually arresting and multifunctional at the same time.
The key pieces in the Spring 2014 collection are the Madison Handbag in Croc Print Green, the Madison Bag in Electric Blue & the Isabel Shoulder Bag in Croc Print Red.
5) Which Celebrity/ Fashionista would you love to see holding one of your bags?
Kate Moss, Sienna Miller, Alexa Chung – the list is endless. Modern, strong women who inspire other women. Though my bags are designed to be accessible to a wide audience of women and it gives me a similar jolt of joy to see a greatly styled girl or woman on a London street with one of my bags. I bought something at Waitrose recently and was waiting in line whilst I saw a stylish woman 5 people in front of me, carrying one of my bags. That is strangely exciting and I almost walked up to her. Luckily I stopped myself from doing so, as I would have probably come across as completely mad!
6)What would you say is the signature Ella – Valentine piece from your collections?
There are a few – some of the classic bags are recreated in new and exciting colours/leathers each year or season. The Madison, Isabel, Firenze, Lea and Amelie bag are most of them.
7) Last but not least, I am loving the New Arrivals Collection, but we want more, is there a new collection launching that Ella- Valentine & Bags lovers out there should watch out for? Ella – Valentine will be launching a small collection in May 2014. The collection will feature pastel coloured pieces – that take inspiration from the infamous Gelaterias in Florence. It will feature the Firenze Tote in contrasting colours such as White and Mint (Pistachio), White and Lemon Curd, and the Isabel Shoulder Bag in Electric Orange (Tangerine). This new selection will feature leather suede lining and luxury hardware, and will be produced in a limited quantity for its exclusivity!!!
FOR MORE ABOUT ELLA-VALENTINE & TO VIEW MORE OF THE BEAUTIFUL LEATHER GOODS COLLECTION – PRESS HERE!!!
LOTS OF LOVE ❤
I AM SERENEL